[gmx-users] gmx kill computer?

Harry Mark Greenblatt harry.greenblatt at weizmann.ac.il
Thu Oct 25 08:55:27 CEST 2018

BS”D

Dear Michael,

  ThermalTake PSU’s are better than many out there, but they aren’t the best.  Here is a link discussing how the theoretical wattage rating of a PSU may not actually translate into enough watts in reality, especially under sustained load.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/285455-28-problem-thermaltake-750w

Nevertheless, I am a bit surprised that your PSU’s can’t handle a GTX 1060.

Since both machines are doing the same thing, and have very different hardware, except for the graphics cards and the PSU, it does seem to point a finger at the PSU. Since both are failing, that further suggests that the model of PSU is problematic, as opposed to them being truly faulty.

 Again, try and swap one with a different manufacturer, if possible.

Good luck,

Harry