[gmx-users] Generalized Energy Groups

tca1 tca1 at rice.edu
Wed Apr 17 01:13:29 CEST 2019

Hi all,

I'm currently trying to analyze the energy balance of a trajectory
where I see various kinds of spatial partitioning of my molecules. I'd
like to be able see a breakdown based on spatial group and atom type.
However, I only know which molecules end up in which spatial region
after the trajectory is complete (so I can't just declare the groups
beforehand in my mdp file).

Likewise, I want some sort of intersection of atom type and spatial
group for my analysis, but it seems that this sort of selection is
more general than what I could do with the energy groups in an mdp
file, and I can't use a more general index file with the gmx energy
command post-simulation.

Is there any way to do something like mdrun -rerun with more general
groups of atom indices to get a customized breakdown of energetic
interactions from a trajectory, or is this type of thing just not
supported?

Thanks,
Tom Allen