[gmx-users] question on ffG43a1p force field

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Fri Aug 16 12:22:42 CEST 2019

On 8/16/19 2:15 AM, Lei Qian wrote:
> Sorry for this basic question.
> I read previous emails and tried to make pdb2gmx find ffG43a1p.ff.
> I added #include "ffG43a1p.itp" in FF.dat in ffG43a1p.ff folder. Also tried
> to create a file called forcefield.doc and wrote "ffG43a1p" into it.
> I put these files in working directory
> and /usr/local/gromacs/share/gromacs/top/ directory. However, neither of
> them worked.
> Could I ask how to solve this problem?

It sounds like you are trying to modify a very old and outdated version
of the files (potentially with an outdated version of GROMACS - FF.dat
is no longer used). The files you want for any post-4.0 version of
GROMACS are in:

http://www.gromacs.org/@api/deki/files/235/=gromos43a1p-4.5.1.tgz

Assistant Professor
Office: 301 Fralin Hall