[gmx-users] Trajectory guided by density maps

Christian Blau blau at kth.se
Thu Dec 12 11:28:53 CET 2019

Hi Ramon,

This is definitely a way to obtain a transition path.

One things to consider here is that you deliberately "throw away" already perfect information about your target
structure, so it might be harder to reach. On the other hand you might not care to have an exact overlap with the
structures, so in this sense using the density might aid you in finding a more realistic transition path that is closer
to the lowest free energy barrier. If you're interested in that, using very low resolution maps might even be beneficial.

I personally would be excited to hear about your findings.

Best,

Christian