[gmx-users] Solvation of protein on membrane surface .JPG

Olga Press (via Google Drive) drive-shares-noreply at google.com
Mon Oct 7 09:24:32 CEST 2019

I've shared an item with you:

Solvation of protein on membrane surface .JPG
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cdYTCn7PLrRrt4aUSHz40WTLG7QZ9xzP/view?usp=sharing&ts=5d9ae82d

It's not an attachment -- it's stored online. To open this item, just click
the link above.

Dear all,
I would like to simulate a protein on membrane surface.
Following the placement of the protein on the DOPC surface I solvate the
system by the following command:
gmx_mpi solvate -cp min_dopc.gro -cs spc216.gro -o solvate.gro -p
system.top I made a local copy of vdwadii.dat were I set the C radius to
0.375 to avoid the penetration of water into the hydrophobic region.
However, following the solvation it seems that the water molecules
are "missing" in the edges of the box. I shared the image with the mailing
list.
Any suggestions?
Thank you.
Olga