[gmx-users] Fwd: gmx trjcat

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Oct 28 13:59:39 CET 2019

On 10/28/19 6:26 AM, Paul bauer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> this looks like a case of misleading documentation. Can you file an
> issue for this please on redmine.gromacs.org?
> So that we don't forgot to fix this for the next patch release?
> A possible work around for you can be that you first convert your
> files to e.g. XTC format, use trjcat to combine them and convert them
> back to GRO.

Out of curiosity, why was this file format removed as an input for
trjcat? Was it a conscious choice? The ability to concatenate e.g. PDB
files to make a psuedo-trajectory for ensemble analysis was rather
handy. Converting to an intermediate binary format is a workaround, but
why add the extra step? Did the trjcat code need de-complicating?

-Justin

> Cheers
>
> Paul
>

> On 27/10/2019 19:47, Alex wrote: