[gmx-users] ion flux counter

Kutzner, Carsten ckutzne at gwdg.de
Fri Sep 27 11:48:03 CEST 2019

> Am 26.09.2019 um 21:56 schrieb Harutyun Sahakyan <sahakyanhk at gmail.com>:
>
> Hi Carsten,
> Thank you for replying,
> Is it possible to set CompEL for a non-double channel system? Without
> rising ions disbalance, just for counting.
Counting will only work properly if there are two compartments separated
by a bilayer, because the counting function makes sure that the ion
enters from one side and leaves to the other side. If it enters
and leaves on the same side, you don’t want to  count it as a permeation.
With just a single bilayer and PBC, both sides
of the channel belong to the same compartment.

Carsten