[gmx-users] Appending crashed Replica Exchange Simulations: init_step/-replex is not equal for all subsystems

Johannes Hermann johannes.hermann at tum.de
Fri Apr 17 11:35:50 CEST 2020

Dear all,

I am doing free energy hamiltonian replica exchange simulations and
unfortunately my simulation crashed (not because of the MD system itself
but because of a hardware failure). The Problem is, that the "first
exchange step: init_step/-replex is not equal for all subsystems"
(log-file):

first exchange step: init_step/-replex is not equal for all subsystems
   subsystem 0: 10697
   subsystem 1: 10697
   subsystem 2: 10697
   subsystem 3: 10763
   subsystem 4: 10763

Is there a way that I can manipulate (stripe?) my output files so that I
can append my simulation? Which files would I have to adapt?

Thank you very much in advance!

All the best

Johannes

--