[gmx-users] Error No default Proper Dih. types

Paolo Costa paolo.costa85 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 19:57:46 CEST 2020

Dear Gromacs users,

within Amber99 force field I created a new molecule, polyoxometallate, by
creating a new .rtp file and modifying the atomtypes.atp, ffnonbonded.itp
and the ffbondend.itp. For the ffnonbonded.itp I took the LJ parameters
from known works, while the parameters for the bonding interactions I
determined by Gaussian together with VFFDT software.
I did not insert any parameters for the dihedral angles since the VFFTDT
software does not calculated them. However as written in the related paper
(J. Chem. Inf. Model. 2016, 56, 811−818), *"Torsion angle rotation related
to metals can often be ignored".*
Does somebody knows how to overcome such error in Gromacs?

Thanks a lot.

Paolo

--
Paolo Costa, Ph.D.