[gmx-users] How to deal with unexpected reactions in umbrella sampling?

Qing Lv lvqingjiejie at 163.com
Thu Feb 20 02:58:09 CET 2020

Dear Colleagues,

I am doing an umbrella sampling of an enzymatic reaction using QM/MM. However, as the reaction coordinate exceeds a certain value, an unexpected reaction, which is obviously unreasonable, often occurs during the umbrella sampling. So, how to deal with such problem? The only method I can think is to impose additional restraints to avoid this reaction, but the additional restraints will probably affect the umbrella sampling (although the additional restraints are not related to the reaction coordinate).

Thanks,
Qing