[Abe.kth.se_sakraplatseruserlist] Gentle reminder - deadline approaching Stockholm Symposium

Vania A Ceccato vania.ceccato at abe.kth.se
Fre Feb 23 08:20:46 CET 2018

Gentle reminder - Call for papers transit crime, transit safety

Dear TCR_network members:
I would like to invite you to two important events that are taking place in Stockholm in 2018. Please consider coming to Sweden and enjoying the best of the summer in June or the beautiful yellow trees in the autumn:

*        Call for papers - We at KTH are putting together a panel session on transit safety, transit crime, policing in transit crime, those who ensure transit safety for the Stockholm symposium of criminology, 12 - 14 June 2018, organised by the Swedish National Council for Crime Prevention (BRÅ).<https://www.criminologysymposium.com/> If you want to take part, please send us the title and the abstract by 26th February, so we have a few days to organize ourselves in groups and send to the organization committee. IMPORTANT: You still have to register and submit your abstract in the  symposium website<https://www.criminologysymposium.com/event/call-for-papers.html>. There you have to indicate if your abstract is part of a session. Please send me the abstract first by 26th February (email: vania.ceccato at abe.kth.se<mailto:vania.ceccato at abe.kth.se>) so I can place you in one our transit safety sessions.

We have already a set of articles for a session entitled "Transit crime and fear: Focus on women's safety", by Marcus Felson, Mary Ekhert, Texas state University, USA, Hugo d'Arbois de Jubainville and Camille Vanier, French Observatory of Crime and Criminal Justice (ONDRP) and Gustavo Moreira and me on transit safety in Sao Paulo metro.
Best wishes
Vania

Vania Ceccato
Professor
Department of Urban Planning and Environment
KTH Royal Institute of Technology
Drottning Kristinasväg 30
100 44 Stockholm, Sweden
+46-8-7908625 & 073-6649070