[Abe.kth.se_sakraplatseruserlist] Hotspots of crime & transit crime & Crimestat IV

Vania A Ceccato vania.ceccato at abe.kth.se
Fre Mars 30 08:51:42 CEST 2018

Dear members of TCR_network and Safeplaces userlist:

I just want to share with you an excellent online lecture by Ned Levine on hotspots with good examples of Crimestat, including slides from his work on transit crime in the US. Note that this lecture was tailored to my ongoing course ‘Safety in the making’ here at KTH. I am copying this video also to colleagues to Stockholm police. Identifying patterns over time and space is fundamental for long term strategies for both police work and safety planning by communities. Enjoy!

Two files as Powerpoint and Windows media file (wmv) formats:
                        http://www.nedlevine.com/Vania.htm
or
                        http://www.nedlevine.com/Vania.html
            The Powerpoint 'pptx' file is large (190 mb) so it will take a while to download, depending on how fast is your Internet connection.  The presentation is 73 minutes long so you can use the entire file or just play parts of it.  To start it in Powerpoint click on 'Slide show' and either 'From beginning' (to play from the beginning) or 'From current slide' to play from a particular slide.   I also created a Windows media file (wmv) of the presentation.  This can be run directly from Windows, rather than through Powerpoint.  However, the wmv file is a lot larger (284 mb v. 190 mb).

Vania Ceccato
Professor
Skolan för arkitektur och samhällsbyggnad
Kungliga Tekniska Högskolan, KTH
Drottning Kristinasväg 30<x-apple-data-detectors://12/0>
100 44 Stockholm, Sweden<x-apple-data-detectors://12/0>
Phone: +46-8-7908625<tel:+46-8-7908625>
Mobile: 073-6649070<tel:073-6649070>
https://www.kth.se/profile/vace/
Ceccato är International Ambassador of BSC<http://www.britsoccrim.org/new/?q=node/76>