[Abe.kth.se_sakraplatseruserlist] Design of buses - shield protection

Vania A Ceccato vania.ceccato at abe.kth.se
Tors May 3 18:30:49 CEST 2018

Dear TCR-network list
I have a question from Kenny Bungs, who is Security manager, transportation company in Sweden. I hope you can answer his query.

He says that they often are asked if they should install shield protection for the drivers on the buses. You know,  a shield that would physically prevent physical violence. However, I have not yet found any evidence whether  this shield protection make any difference, whether it works to protect the bus driver or for anything else.  My question to you is: Do you know about any international evidence about this shield protection?

I know that there are people in Australia who works with bus design. Does anyone knows about this issue?
When answering this question, please reply to all in this email. Thanks.

Best wishes
Vania

Vania Ceccato
Professor
Skolan för arkitektur och samhällsbyggnad
Kungliga Tekniska Högskolan, KTH
Drottning Kristinasväg 30<x-apple-data-detectors://12/0>
100 44 Stockholm, Sweden<x-apple-data-detectors://12/0>
Phone: +46-8-7908625<tel:+46-8-7908625>
Mobile: 073-6649070<tel:073-6649070>
https://www.kth.se/profile/vace/
Ceccato är International Ambassador of BSC<http://www.britsoccrim.org/new/?q=node/76>