[Abe.kth.se_sakraplatseruserlist] Register for the Conference in October, 17-18th in Stockholm

Vania Aparecida Ceccato vania.ceccato at abe.kth.se
Ons Aug 8 07:00:34 CEST 2018

Dear TCR_network members
Now that most of you are back from summer vacation, please consider sending an abstract to participate in our conference in October, 17-18th Crime and fear in Public places: A CONFERENCE ON INDIVIDUAL’S RIGHT TO SAFE PUBLIC PLACES<https://www.sakraplatser.abe.kth.se/en/2018/03/03/crime-and-fear-in-public-places-a-conference-on-individuals-rights-to-safe-public-places/>. It's time to push the frontiers and think about how we can define new research agendas and policy that matters on this field of public safety!  We are going to have 2 days with plenary and parallel sessions, full of new ideas and ready for action.

An edited volume by Routledge in Criminology series is being proposed. If you want to take part in the conference and submit an abstract, we will be happy in providing more information about the book proposal, please contact bamzar at kth.se<mailto:bamzar at kth.se> by 31st August 2018.

Highlights of the conference

·       We are going to present our preliminary results of our ongoing global study on college students’ transit safety<https://www.kth.se/abe/om-skolan/inst/som/avdelningar/urbana-studier/forskning/trygghet-i-kollektiv/trygghet-i-kollektivtrafiken-for-universitetsstudenter-stockholms-fallstudie-1.814816>. The study’s main objectives are to examine the nature, type and extent of victimization on public transport, by gender among college students, focusing on sexual assault and sexual harassment in the different city/country contexts, as well as assess travelers’ safety needs. The results are expected to benefit safety efforts of public transport authorities.

·       Just a taste of Day 1: A woman’s place: feminist work on women’s safety in public space - looking back to move forwards - Liz Kelly will explore how safety in public space has been addressed in feminist theory and practice over the last four decades. The right amount of panic: how women manage being in public space - Fiona Vera Gray will present findings from her depth study of how women manage public space. Safety as a human right: UN-Habitat, Safer Cities Programme, Juma Assiago will present trends and patterns of individual’s safety worldwide, beyond Global North experiences, country-specific ‘infrastructures’ and in particular UN-Habitat, Safer Cities Programme.

Abstract submission and registration here<https://www.sakraplatser.abe.kth.se/en/2018/03/03/crime-and-fear-in-public-places-a-conference-on-individuals-rights-to-safe-public-places/>. If you want to submit a complete parallel session, please contact bamzar at kth.se<mailto:bamzar at kth.se>

Vania, on behalf of organization team,

Vania Ceccato
Professor
Skolan för arkitektur och samhällsbyggnad
Kungliga Tekniska Högskolan, KTH
Drottning Kristinasväg 30<x-apple-data-detectors://12/0>
100 44 Stockholm, Sweden<x-apple-data-detectors://12/0>
Phone: +46-8-7908625<tel:+46-8-7908625>
Mobile: 073-6649070<tel:073-6649070>
https://www.kth.se/profile/vace/
Samordnare för SÄKRAPLATSER NÄTVERKET<https://www.sakraplatser.abe.kth.se/>