[Abe.kth.se_sakraplatseruserlist] Welcome: Risky places for crime, 21st Jan 2021

Vania Ceccato vania.ceccato at abe.kth.se
Fre Jan 15 12:03:17 CET 2021

Welcome to seminar series
Risky places for crime
21 January – 18 November 2021

Crime does not occur randomly, it tends to be concentrated in places that are ‘risky’. These places include a range of settings such as convenience stores, parks, and transit stations, even confined to particular street corners, depending on the crime. However, our understanding of the places and settings that attract disproportionately high levels of crimes is still in its infancy.

In this seminar series, we invite prominent national and international scholars to offer us their perspective on the nature of risky places for crime and policy responses in different contexts. The first speaker is Prof John Eck, University of Cincinnati, USA, 21st January 2021, 17:30 CET

Welcome!

Register for the webinar:

https://kth-se.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_8iGicsHCQZKSQnvquV-J7w

Upcoming lectures' program here (more dates to be announced, see attached file)

All lectures will be held in English. The chairs of the series are Prof. Vania Ceccato, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden and Associate Professor Andrew Newton, Nottingham Trent University, UK.

More information here<https://kth.us15.list-manage.com/track/click?u=9a8b294cb6aa3caf7434ee8af&id=7cffba90f5&e=08fdeee950>

Vania Ceccato
Professor of urban and community safety
Department of urban planning and environment
KTH Royal Institute of Technology
Teknikringen 10 A
100 44 Stockholm
Sweden