[Abe.kth.se_sakraplatseruserlist] Syllabi Crime in Transportation Systems

Vania Ceccato vania.ceccato at abe.kth.se
Tis Mars 30 20:32:20 CEST 2021

Dear Nerea
My course is general and do not focus on transit environments but I would be happy to exchange ideas. Attached you find the draft of the book and the conceptual model that I use for my own classes – I called it “the Onion”.

I do work with fieldwork protocols<doi.org/10.1080/09589236.2019.1601367> with my students, going to the station and discussing the design and neighbourhood contexts.

See also the work of this group published in these two edited volume Security and safety in transit environments<https://link.springer.com/book/10.1057/9781137457653> 2015 and Transit Crime and Sexual Violence in Cities<Transit%20Crime%20and%20Sexual%20Violence%20in%20Cities> (2020)
but also Secure and Tranquil Travel<https://www.routledge.com/Secure-and-Tranquil-Travel/Smith-Cornish/p/book/9780954560744> (2006).

Best wishes
Vania