[gmx-users] position restraint on crystal water

Dilraj Lama dennis at iitk.ac.in
Thu Jul 14 08:11:48 CEST 2005

Hello David,
           Thanks again, and sorry to bother you again.As you pointed-out in the last mail ,I
checked my *.top file and i found that i had put the position restrain for crystal water water at
wrong place,so i corrected it but even then i am facing  similar error but the error message is
different now :

Fatal error: [ file "posre_cryst_water.itp", line 8 ]:
             Atom index (2042) in position_restraints out of bounds (1-3)

 I am also pasting the section of my *.top file

SECTION OF MY *.TOP FILE
************************

; Include Position restraint file for selected residues of protein
#ifdef POSRES_SELECT_PROTEIN
#include "posre_select_protein.itp"
#endif

; Include crystal water topology
#include "hoh.itp"

; Include Position restraint file for crystal water
#ifdef POSRES_CRYST_WATER
#include "posre_cryst_water.itp"
#endif

; Include water topology
#include "spc.itp

[ system ]
; Name
Protein in water
[ molecules ]
; Compound        #mols
Protein             1
HOH               123
SOL             31533

I am also attachig my hoh.itp, posre_select_protein.itp,posre_cryst_water.itp and em.mdp
files along this mail.

PS: This time i have named crystal water as HOH (instead of SOLA as in the previous
case)and
crystal water itp file as "hoh.itp" (instead of "spcA.itp" as in the previuos case)
file, sorry
for the inconvenience

I am stuck at this point only , your suggestion can helped me  to overcome this
situtaion.

Thanks

Warm regards,
Dilraj Lama