[gmx-users] run gromacs on a single machine with mutiple CPUs

Seaclear Theory oceanclear at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 08:41:13 CET 2006

Thanks for the guideline. I installed the lam/mpi 7.0.6 and compile the
gromance with "--enable-mpi" option.
When I run mdrun, I got message that lamboot is not start. Then I start the
lamboot and try to run mdrun witn "-np 4 -v N 4" (gromacs user guide
example). However, the gromacs still run on single CPU. It does not take the
advantage of other three CPUs on the server. Do I miss anything? Or I
misunderstand the parallel computing/MPI concept? Thanks.

Best,

Ocean