[gmx-users] run gromacs on a single machine with mutiple CPUs

Martin Höfling martin.hoefling at gmx.de
Thu Dec 21 11:07:04 CET 2006

Am Donnerstag, 21. Dezember 2006 08:41 schrieb Seaclear Theory:

Hi Ocean,

> When I run mdrun, I got message that lamboot is not start. Then I start the
> lamboot and try to run mdrun witn "-np 4 -v N 4" (gromacs user guide

try

mpirun -np 4 mdrun -np4 -bla -blubb
This should be necessary on most machines. Mpirun starts the necessary
processes on the other machines (in this case the local one). For detailed
information about mpiruns options read the man page, but -np should be the
most important one.

Cheers
	Martin