[gmx-users] Re: Re: Bonds break while Minimising using distance restraints

plmallip at mail.uh.edu plmallip at mail.uh.edu
Wed Sep 3 20:27:06 CEST 2008

Hi,

     There is no chance of steric clashes between 6151 & 6160. They are seperated by 12 A. ("Warning: 1-4 interaction between 6151 and 6160 at distance 1.387 which is larger than the 1-4 table size 1.000 nm. These are ignored for the rest of the simulation. This usually means your system is exploding") I cannot build the missing residues without knowing the secondary structure. I am already running one simulation with built residues. But, my ultimate goal is to run dynamics with distance restraints.

       My sytem is an pentamer. Here is the toplogy file

; Include forcefield parameters
#include "ffG43a1.itp"

; Include chain topologies
#include "chnrc_A.itp"
#include "chnrc_B.itp"
#include "chnrc_C.itp"
#include "chnrc_D.itp"
#include "chnrc_E.itp"

; Include water topology
#include "spce.itp"

#ifdef POSRES_WATER
; Position restraint for each water oxygen
[ position_restraints ]
;  i funct       fcx        fcy        fcz
   1    1       1000       1000       1000
#endif

; Include generic topology for ions
#include "ions.itp"