[gmx-users] charm in gromacs

francesco oteri francesco.oteri at gmail.com
Thu May 17 18:52:01 CEST 2012

Dear gromacs users,
I am trying to port a set of charm parameter in gromacs.

I am using the script convert_charmm_to_gromacs.pl contained in the
file charmm_to_gromacs.tgz (
http://www.gromacs.org/@api/deki/files/76/=charmm_to_gromacs.tgz).

Regarding dihedrals, the entry regarding the file says that pdb2gmx cannot

"generate multiple periodic dihedral functions such as CHARMM uses for some
dihedrals -
these must be converted to Ryckaert-Bellemans functions, i.e. expressed as
a cosine power expansion"

This assumption is no longer valid, is it?
As far as I know, infact, now gromacs support multiple periodic function
(funtion 9), is it?

Francesco